- Rolling with Ruby on Rails - Curtis Hibbs of ONLamp.com offers his first excellent introduction to Ruby on Rails. This is the article that got me really excited about RoR.
- Rolling with Ruby on Rails, Part 2 - The sequel to Curtis Hibbs excellent series of articles.
- Four Days on Rails (PDF) - a great tutorial that is broken down into simple tasks that you can do over a four day period. To be quite honest, this tutorial only takes about 2 hours, but nonetheless it is very well organized!
- Really Getting Started in Rails - Amy Hoy has a great tutorial that not only covers RoR, but also introduces the reader to many of the basic concepts of the very cool Ruby scripting language.
- Tutorial in Ruby on Rails - is a basic tutorial aimed at newbies.
- Fast-track your Web apps with Ruby on Rails - IBM jumps into the sandbox with an excellent (as usual) tutorial to get you on your feet fast.
- Getting Your Feet Wet With Ruby on Rails - Talking about getting on your feet fast, this one from Webmonkey promises to get them wet too!
- How to make a todo list program with Rails - Another excellent introductory tutorial that actually helps you build something useful!
- Ajax on Rails - Curtis Hibbs offers part 3 of his look at RoR
- Many to Many Tutorial for Rails (PDF) - is a nice document that begins to delve into some of the more complex parts of web application programming, but in fine Ruby on Rails manner, it’s really not too complicated!
- Distributing Rails Applications - A Tutorial - So now you’ve built your RoR application, how to you push it to a production server? This tutorial covers the bases.
- Installing Ruby on Rails with Lighttpd and MySQL on Fedora Core 4 - and of course this list wouldn’t be complete without a shameless bit of self-promotion, this tutorial promises what it says. Other install tutorials can be found here, here and here!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Top 12 Ruby on Rails Tutorials
Posted by Thillai Narayanan